For some reason the blog posts about QuickBooks Pro 2010 are the most popular ones on the entire blog. As I’m doing accounting this morning, here are what I would change.
- Remove the advertisements written directly into the program. Click on “Learn about Payroll options” to see what I mean
- Allow better sorting of invoices and estimates, currently the program throws everything at you at once.
- Fix the printing problems – there is really no reason why creating a pdf is so error prone.
- Allow easier access to templates – they should copy the sadly defunct Microsoft Office Accounting in their use of templates
- Split off recurring invoicing and functions, avoid this whole “Memorized” metaphor, it’s simply not accurate.
- Easier previewing of different invoice and estimate template options
- Tell the user specifically what is being installed when the program auto updates
- Tell the user about limitations of the product. For instance the conversion tool does not work on 64 bit windows, etc.
- Add progress indicators – at the moment there is no good way of knowing whether or not the product is working on something time consuming, or locked up, and the odds are 50-50 as to which it’s doing
- Add more explanatory text on the credit card and bank synchronization.
This post originally appeared on the Stronico blog – with the absorption of Stronico into Digital Tool Factory this post has been moved to the Digital Tool Factory blog
||Written By Steve French|
Leave a Reply